Novarica Research Council Impact Awards
and 2012 Insurance IT Best Practices Case Studies Compendium
Novarica is planning to publish a collection of Best Practice case studies in November 2012 and honor the best of the best with a highly selective award judged exclusively by the Novarica Insurance Technology Research Council, a group of over 300 insurer CIOs and senior executives.
WHAT IS IT?
- A compendium of Insurance IT Best Practice case studies, to be published in November 2012.
- Novarica Research Council Impact Awards for the “Best of the Best,” nominated and judged by 300+ CIO members of the Novarica Insurance Technology Research Council.
- Novarica will coordinate judging but will not have a vote. Only council members may judge.
WHY IS NOVARICA DOING THIS?
- Our primary goal is to assist our insurer CIO clients and council members by providing real-world examples of successful initiatives.
- Our secondary goal is to provide public recognition to successful initiatives for those who are interested in such recognition. Accordingly, case study information may be provided on either a named or anonymous basis.
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
- Case study information must be submitted by June 30. Early submissions are welcome! Submitting early allows more time for the insurer to review the draft
- Case study drafts will be reviewed with the insurers by July 31
- Nominating committee (11 Research Council members) will select Nominees by Sept 15.
- Nominees will be notified around Sept 15.
- Novarica will publicly announce the nominees
(insurers may opt out of this announcement if they chose, even if they have participated on a named basis).
- Winners will be selected by October
- Winners will be publicly announced in early November at a gala event in NYC or Boston (TBD)
HOW DOES THE PROCESS WORK?
- Novarica will work directly with the insurer to draft the case study based on information submitted on the submission form.
- Alternatively, the insurer may schedule a conference call with Novarica and discuss the details of the case verbally.
- Insurers will have draft approval.
WHAT DO INSURERS GET FOR PARTICIPATING AND/OR WINNING?
- All participating insurers will receive a copy of the Compendium report, featuring dozens of best practices case studies.
- Nominees and winners will receive public recognition (unless they select to participate anonymously).
- Nominees and winners will receive commemorative plaques suitable for display, presented at the gala event. Nominees and winners may attend this event for free
WHO IS ON THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE?
Research Council members that are serving on the nominating committee are: Andy Wood (Wilton Re), Dan Simpson (Trustmark), Eric Bulis (SBLI USA), Larry Fortin (Millers Mutual Group), Mark Berthiaume (Chubb), Pete Moreau (Amica), Piyush Singh (Great American Insurance Company), Reuben Broadfoot (LifeMap), Sal Abano (Tower Insurance), Stuart Tainsky (PURE), and Tim Billow (ING).
Rules and Eligibility
Vendors may submit their client case studies for consideration. For more information for vendors, email firstname.lastname@example.org