Best Practices Case Study Compendium 2012
Published: November 2012
Non-Clients: Click here to purchase this individual report.
CURRENT CLIENTS: Login to get this report
This report includes 41 case studies from 32 insurers. It is designed to provide insurer business and IT executives with detailed examples across as
broad a range as possible of diverse industry initiatives.
The cases are presented in four categories:
- Practice: adoption of a specific practice to enhance the effectiveness of IT.
- Quick Hit: short projects designed to deliver specific business value.
- Expansion: projects that expand or enhance the capabilities of existing systems.
- Transformation: projects that create significant new capabilities, often involving systems replacements or re-engineering
Prior to publication, these case studies were reviewed by a nominating committee of CIO members of the Novarica Insurance Technology Research Council, which selected nominees for a Novarica Research Council Impact Award in each category. The award winners were selected by a vote of more than 50 CIO members of the Research Council, and are highlighted in the report.
Taken together, these case studies provide a useful set of examples of impactful IT projects. While they vary widely, some common characteristics of impactful projects are:
- Clear articulation of expected business value
- Consistent executive sponsorship
- Consistent and frequent communication during the project
- Close coordination with vendors
- Clear use of success metrics